Thinking About Moving On

The ruby-throated hummingbird is a wonder of migration. Every winter it makes an amazing journey. Some have been known to make a journey of 2500 miles or more, from Alaska to Central America. Because of it, the hummingbird is a symbol for accomplishing that which seems impossible. It will teach you how to find the miracle of joyful living from your own life circumstances.
– Ted Andrews
Pablo Neruda (1904 – 1973)

Weekly Top Shot

and Your Sunday Best

33 Comments on “Thinking About Moving On”

1. Oh, that’s a gorgeous shot of the speedy bird!

2. Roberta says:

Wow! What amazing little birds..I can learn from them..

those tiny feet clutching that bloom. so sweet.

Breathtaking!

You are so skilled at getting bird poses. :)
    I am always in awe at your work.
    This is LOVELY!

6. I swear Pat, are you sure these aren’t trained hummingbirds like the trained dogs and such in tv shows and movies??? Margie

7. Kate says:

I am having a hard time leaving a comment here; keep getting invalid email address which is incorrect

8. Kate says:

Perhaps it will work this time—fourth time attempt to leave comment.

I love the photo; it’s quite extraordinary of a beautiful and tough little bird!

9. ladyfi says:

What a gorgeous shot. And that’s an amazing journey for such a tiny bird.

10. It is one of the beautiful birds.

11. Amazing shot of the little hummer. I have several visiting my feeders and I know soon they will move on. While I am enjoying the coming of Fall, I hate to see the hummers go.
    Happy Sunday!

12. Marcie says:

What exquisite detail! She certainly is a beauty!!!

13. Eileen says:

Gorgeous capture of the hummer. I will miss them!

14. Wow! This little one DOES look very pensive. They are tiny miracles.

15. Hummingbirds are amazing, I love to watch them buzz around. Your photo is wonderful, thanks for stopping by, Laura

16. Kerri says:

A Beauty! I think of them as “little miracles” as well :)

17. Nancy says:

I really like the information you provided in the beginning, Pat. Put’s things in perspective. :)

18. Gail says:

They really are amazing little creatures! Their stamina is incredible. Lovely photo you’ve depicted here. Don’t you hate to see them go?

19. kleinworthco says:

Great capture. We have several families of them in our yard- but every time the camera comes out they hide.

20. Leovi says:

Yes, it is beautiful, wonderful hummingbird.

21. you captured this one perfectly and made a nice and gentle editing. I like that.

22. They are so tiny and delicate looking, it really is a miracle that they could fly so far, lovely capture! Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #50!

23. Robyn says:

I like the green tint to the birds wings and the contrast between the bird and vibrant pink flower. Beautiful.

Yes, they are quite amazing birds! I love those little critters.
    This is just BEAUTIFUL, Pat! I will miss them while they are gone.

25. What a beautiful capture of this marvelous little magical bird. Pretty amazing how far they fly with those tiny wings.

26. shewhocarriescamera says:

What a wonderful posed capture!

27. artmusedog says:

Love this shot ~ fantastic! ~ A Creative Harbor) on Blogger ^_^
    thanks for coming by and comment ^_^

28. Gorgeous photo! Love your post-processing. Hummers are such a teeny bundle of sweetness!

This is pure magic.
    I will miss these little ones for sure.