I Promise

I promise that this is the last hummingbird shot until next spring. (I might have my fingers crossed.)

The BIRD D’pot
Your Sunday Best
Weekly Top Shot

53 Comments on “I Promise”

no, no. please don’t promise that! if you have any others that are as beautiful as this one, please do share!

2. It’s so beautiful….can’t wait until next summer—for a variety of reasons! ;-)

• Barb says:

No don’t promise that. I would even love to see some in the winter, when we have nothing to look at but snow. It will give us hope as to what will come.

3. Roberta says:

I hope not..and miss out on such beauty!

4. Kenneth says:

A cute bird and very beautiful captured and of course I welcome more of this kind even this season! ;-)

I don’t think I could ever tire of your hummingbird shots.
    This is so lovely with that blurred purple background!

6. I like these birds, we don’t have them here.

7. elliefar says:

Oh if you have any more of these lovely pictures PLEASE put them up. It is a stunning picture. :)

8. geetlee says:

ohh! this is beautiful!

9. o, but we love them and this is a gorgoeus shot. :)

10. My oh my oh my! Beautiful light too! Margie

11. artmusedog says:

Love the hummingbirds ~ Gorgeous shot ~ (A Creative Harbor) ~

12. Gorgeous, Pat! Can’t get enough of these beauties.

13. LyndaMichele says:

This might be my favorite hummingbird shot! So pretty!

14. Nancy says:

Never say never… I hope you see him again before winter. xo

This is so pretty!
    Please please please don’t stop!!! We need something to look forward to through the winter!! lol

16. O how very pretty! So love the whirr of the wings and the flowers look glorious!

17. Ivanhoe says:

Very handsome – the last sign of summer. Fall is growing on me this year. I just dread the winter :) Enjoy your Sunday!

18. Oh, what the heck. If you others as pretty as this, just keep tossing them up on your post. I can’t get enough of these sweet birds.

19. Gail says:

Oh, I hope this isn’t the last one! I know what you mean, though, because I have tons that I haven’t shared yet because I’ve been afraid to bore my readers. This is so pretty, so feel free to share more like this!

20. synke says:

I like these birds, we don’t have them here.
    this is a beautiful shot of a beautiful animal!!

have a nice day :-)

gorgeous image! :)

22. Nikki says:

What a stunning photo. That’s an amazing capture.

23. Minoru says:

It’s very beautiful. The humingbird and flowers just fit in your photo. Very lovely too.

24. libbyQ says:

that is one stunning shot of the beautiful hummingbird in action~!!~
    very well done~!
    love the way you’ve framed it up and the light is wonderful as well as the background.
    i don’t know how many shots you have already taken but i’m pretty sure i wouldn’t get tired of seeing photography work that is this gorgeous.
    i say: encore, encore
    and: applause with lots of loud whistling
    :-)
    libbyQ

25. I promise.

I never get tired with the bird that is so beautiful.

26. kenkiz says:

excellente prise

27. Boom & Gary says:

Great shot, though. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

28. Beautiful and sweet capture!

29. Joanie says:

NO! You show us ever sweet capture of these delightful tiny birds!

30. luiselotte says:

A wonderful pic. Lovely greetings of Luiserl

31. Karen says:

A fabulous shot! I can’t wait for next spring!

32. Marcie says:

An exquisitely beautiful image. What gorgeous colors!

33. Ana Eugenio says:

Hi dear :) love your blog! thank you for commenting Nancy’s post on my blog ‘wonderland’. xxo

34. Leovi says:

This really is to capture the moment, very beautiful picture.

35. Mama Zen says:

I could look at a million of these!

36. Oh! Wonderful! It’s such a treat to see a humming bird here on my screen. It reminds me of home.

Wonderful photo, Pat! I can’t make the same promise, but if you happen to post more, I know I’ll love them.
    We saw one hummingbird at our feeder a couple of days ago, after almost 2 weeks of no activity. We better leave the feeders up for a bit longer.

38. rebecca says:

I love the purple tones in the photo.

39. Adam Jones says:

More please, more. I don’t think you’ll have any complaints. Lovely stuff.

40. Kim,USA says:

Wow that is fabulous!

Kim,USA

41. Never never never get enough of these little girls!

42. Bec says:

Wow, wow, wow. What a fabulous photo. Your blog is beautiful and your photos inspiring.

Thanks for dropping by littleivyblog.com this week. I have some work to do on my photos yet ;-)

43. Pat, this is such an incredible action shot. Just stunning!

44. my goodness! Don’t apologize. These are fantastic! One should never apologize for a great photo! Thanks for sharing at Your Sunday Best.

It’s a beautiful shot! I don’t think you can have too many hummingbird pictures.

46. Thank you SO much for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #51… I’m sorry that I am very late coming by to visit your entry. But I have been fighting being sick all week, trying to fend off a virus and haven’t been doing much besides working and sleeping.. I do hope you’ll forgive me and come by tomorrow to share on Weekly Top Shot’s 1st Anniversary!