Campaign Signs

Living in a “battleground” state, we’ve been inundated this year with slick campaign ads in the mail and scores of phone calls. I like these simpler and more charming signs we found a few years ago in a rural area.

Linking to Rural Thursday,
this or that thursday

37 Comments on “Campaign Signs”

1. Stewart M says:

As an outsider it really interesting to watch the presidential campaign – only about a week left.

Stewart M – Melbourne

2. petra says:

they are great :)

3. Haha, timely post! Margie

4. So we’ll all be doing write ins for Skeeter and Billy then? :-)

5. Much friendlier sounding than some of what I have heard lately. :)

6. artmusedog says:

Great signs ~ better than ones in MA ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

i prefer this flavor, too. :)

8. Robyn says:

Maybe they have a point … unique, America loving minds need to be in office. Simplicity can be quite sustainable.

9. Barb says:

Simple is sometimes better. Think of the money they would save!

10. Tamar says:

Those are great! I live in MA and the ads are NON stop! Between the presidential race, the sentate race, and some tough races in neighboring states, it’s just…oy!

11. You made me laugh, Pat! These are much better than all the negativity we see on TV.

12. maple lane says:

Thanks for the laughs!

13. Buttons says:

Oh these are funny and I have no idea who Skeeter and Billy are. Dumb Canadian maybe:) B

14. Too funny. Yes Pat, these are much more fun!

15. Pat this made me laugh>>>alot better than the real thing right now. I did a funny one too with my grandson saying Vote for me…you have to find comic relief somewhere right?
    Laurie

16. Gail says:

Oh my gosh, those are so funny! Who couldn’t trust Skeeter and Billy? LOL

17. Karen says:

Oh yes! I much prefer those signs! My heart goes out to those of you in battleground states – although, this also means you’re an important part of the process! Here in Massachusetts, we’re largely ignored – just lots of ads. Great signs!

18. They should make t-shirts to sell to. :)

19. dalettre says:

That is so awesome!

20. Cute…and darned humorous! At least, they aren’t negative!

21. Leovi says:

Interesting electioneering.

Oh when things were simpler! Question is, did these do their job for these people?

23. My favorite sign, vote American!!!! Love the flag. Thanks for stopping by, Laura

How cute is Skeeter and Billy! I’d vote on their names alone. LOL!
    I like cute far better than the negative soundtracks we hear.
    Thanks for some smiles in this otherwise tough election year.

25. Dave says:

or just vote for me

Homemade signs are far more pleasing on the eye than the mass custom made ones, a whole lot heavier I would guess so would be worth chucking at the opposition if they won….lol

26. Even tho they’re ‘for real’ campaign signs….I still smiled at them all.

27. Those are cuter than the ones they use in national politics. I’m glad we’re not in a battleground state because we haven’t had to listen to all the ads on TV, radio, etc. Every once in a while we’ll hear one from the Florida market, but it hasn’t been bad. I will be glad when it’s over.

28. Mama Zen says:

These are awesome!

29. Nancy says:

Now these are campaign signs I would not mind seeing!

30. Hah! Ohio is indeed pretty crazy in election season!

These are great! Very amusing.