European Starling

In his winter garb

Starling2

Weekly Top Shot
Macro Monday

29 Comments on “European Starling”

1. [ Smiles ] Most gorgeous!

2. timkeen40 says:

Very nice. Beautiful bird.

Tim

3. Robyn says:

The color pattern on this bird is striking. Great capture, Pat!

4. Lovely photo,, but I hate these birds,, they are absolute bullies at the feeder, demolish suet in an hour flat…………… I hate to say, I pull the food in when I see them.

5. Wow, that’s a striking photo, Pat!

The very ‘street-wise’ of our feathered friends! Great shot, Pat.

gorgeous, pat! (can i say i’m happy you didn’t wash him in watercolor? he’s beautiful!)

The markings on this bird are absolutely gorgeous, Pat, and you have captured such wonderful detail in the feathers.

9. dinajohnston says:

Beautiful details! I love this bird.

10. Very beautiful. I just love Starlings in their winter attire.

11. They are just annoying birds around here….but I am fascinated by their looks, generally. This one has details that ours don’t…I think. This is such a wonderful image!

12. Pam says:

Its hard to miss this poke-a-dot beauty; stunning feather detail, Pat, nicely done :)

13. Nancy says:

Beautiful bird, capture and edit Pat. Happy Monday!

14. Beautiful bird of the day.

15. Victoria says:

Beautiful, stunning capture…gorgeous and poetic image..one of my favorite birds!
    Victoria

16. ladyfi says:

Fabulous shot. Love those polka dots!

17. HoodPhoto says:

Awesome! I am always impressed by a good clear bird shot, as they are such difficult subjects!

18. bettyl says:

Quite a dapper fellow!

19. Leovi says:

Delicious and beautiful bird.

20. Kathy says:

I really like the texture work you did with this photo.

21. Wow, he’s stunning! Margie

22. Herding Cats says:

A truly stunning photograph!

Great capture. I love the editing on this one.

24. Beautiful!! I love starlings, they’re pretty, and they’re fascinating to watch, probably because they’re smart and very social. I am puzzled by the number of people who hate them, thinking that they bully other birds, because the only birds I’ve ever seen starlings bully are other starlings! Robins, blackbirds, and even the big wood pigeons we sometimes get on the bird feeder are all more aggressive to other species, sometimes spending so much time chasing them off that they have no time to eat!

Great picture. I love it!

25. If you could speak bird talk I’m sure you might hear a few cuss words!

26. LOVE it! I’m so glad you came by to share on Weekly Top Shot #65!

27. A handsome bird indeed!