More Chloe Love

Chloe

I wish I knew more about her past, but all I do know is that she was given up because someone in the family was allergic to dogs.

Since losing our beloved fourteen-year-old Gracie almost three years ago, we had missed a canine presence in our lives. We discussed getting a dog, but worried about upsetting the two cats whose house we live in. My husband, Rick, found her at the county shelter – he had just decided to stop in and check out the adoptable dogs there. He called me and sent Chloe’s photo. She looked so small and forlorn, a three-year old beagle mix, sitting up straight in the dead center of the bed in her kennel. Rick said she was scared by all the noise from the barking dogs in the other kennels. He had taken her out on a leash and gotten to know her a bit. We agreed that he should bring her home.

That was Friday. As of today, Chloe, Orestes and Electra have worked out some social agreement on their own. We’ve found food she likes and her appetite is good – that skinny frame is starting to fill out a bit. She’s so quiet, though. She can disappear, leading us on an indoor-outdoor search, only to suddenly reappear in the same room with an apologetic wag of the white tip of her tail.

She’s a very even-tempered, sweet girl and we are so glad to have adopted her into our lives.

Chloe5

kk_urban texture used

Tuesday Muse
Texture Tuesday

24 Comments on “More Chloe Love”

you can post her (and her new siblings) every day if you like. i’ll never tire of that sweet face. :)

so glad they’re all getting along. and that she’s fitting in so well so quickly. bless your hubby. bless you. :)

2. I love when people adopt or rescue pets. They really make the best companions. Chloe is a beauty and hopefully you will enjoy many years with her. Beagles are a wonderful breed; my very first dog was a hunting beagle. How I loved him!

3. k and S Inn says:

Glad she has a home and you to love and care for her — sweet post = awe those eye melt your heart..
    Hugs

4. carole says:

Thank you for “adopting”. Take Joy Carole

5. Patrizia M. says:

Ha un musetto dolcissimo :-)

6. So sweet — I’m so happy your hubby brought her home to live with you Pat. xo

7. Robin says:

Pat, she is adorable! She could come to my house anytime she wants! I glad she’s fitting in so well!

8. I am so glad that you brought her home! She is so adorable and it makes me smile to know she has a family now :)

9. Oh, bless you, Pat. She looks so sweet, and she’ll be a perfect fit before you know it. I think rescued dogs appreciate their new homes doubly.

10. Kerri says:

She is a BEAUTY!!! So glad you were able to adopt her!

11. Barb says:

She is so adorable. So glad you brought her home to live with you.

Pat, her little face melts my heart.

13. Aw, aw, triple aw! So happy for you all! Margie

14. “Chloe” is the most likely name chosen by my son and his wife for a labradoodle pup they plan to purchase in two weeks. :-) You’ve done the right thing, and I’m certain both you and Chloe will be very happy.

15. Robyn says:

Pets add so much to our livesl. I am glad you were able provide a loving home for this sweet girl. Enjoy her company, Pat!

What a lucky girl to have found a good home!

17. Sherri B. says:

Oh, how lucky she is…and how lucky you are, too, to have this sweet girl in your life. We just lost our 13-year old corgi three weeks ago…we know firsthand the love and precious memories our pets bring us, and I hope Chloe will bring you many good memories!

18. Kia says:

She is adorable! What a precious furry-face. :)

19. Sylvia says:

She’s so cute, Pat !
    So sweet of you to give her a new home !
    Nice day,
    Sylvia

20. Earl says:

It is wonderful that Chloe, Orestes and Electra have worked out a social agreement on their own . . . if only more people could do that. Lovely photos.

21. baileyunleashed says:

Chloe is precious. Congratulations on her adoption.
    As for your husband, he ROCKS.
    wags, bailey unleashed

22. I am glad that the cats are ok as she looked like she needed a loving home

That’s a lovely portrait of Chloe.
    I was wondering how she was getting along with the cats.