October Afternoon

BlueJay3

A Blue Jay enjoys the sun filtered through the maple leaves.

Cardinal4

This handsome male Cardinal seems to be admiring his own reflection.

Chickadee5

The tiny Chickadee gawks at the big orange stranger.

Wild Bird Wednesday
Nature Notes

36 Comments on “October Afternoon”

1. All of the photos are really great, but I am amazed by the detail in the Cardinal photo. It is really wonderful.

2. Patrizia M. says:

Sono tutte e tre bellissime, come lo sono gli uccelli che hai fotografato :-)
    Ciao, Pat

so very cute. i love the light in the top one. each one has its own beauty and charm.

4. Mick says:

A great series of photos. The filtered light in the first one is especially beautiful.

5. I was in Ohio not long ago and it was clear that we share the same bird populations. Your pictures are warm and endearing … I feel a kinship as I too am retired, love photography, live with my husband and three cats and a recently (five years ago) a dog. It is a good life … Enjoyed your post …

Andrea @ From The Sol

6. Lovely fall birds photos

7. Barb says:

I love the Chickadee. I wonder what he’s thinking.

8. You caught all of these birds in some interesting and amusing poses. Great job!

9. Sheila says:

All beautiful photos. I love the curious Cardinal; such a typical pose!

10. Some of my favorite fall feeder birds which you captured perfectly!

11. dinajohnston says:

Beautiful shots of all three birds!

12. oh i just have such a soft spot for birds…these are beautiful shots, so perfectly processed.

13. Lovely captures of three of my favourite birds!

14. Carole M. says:

those cardinals must be spectacular to see; enjoyed your series

15. All of these images indicate a “personality” of the bird, I think! Lovely.

16. Really nice photos! Love the cardinal!

17. wallacejones says:

A great riot of color to enjoy! I know Chickadees, and that one is contemplating how he can fit that pumpkin in his mouth! ;)

18. Dave says:

Isnt it funny how tastes vary…… the Cardinal has gone down best of all with your readers, although Karen cant lose with this post, however the Blue Jay stands out for me, the pose, the brightness, the colour….. or do you think we are drawn to our fav species?. All three are superb but Mr Blue Jays just steals it….

Lovely feel to all three images and a great post.
    Dave

19. Margaret says:

HI Pat I am glad this is not a competition and we have to choose a winner becaue they are all winners in my eyes. Nw I always like Red birds, so that get a tick, the Jay shot id wonderfull composed, bird looking rested and regal, beautiful lighting in that shot, another tick thhen. The last one, great colours involved, size differeneces etwen bird and pumpkin is great and a fun shot as well. Another tick!

20. LizSB says:

Beautiful images, Pat! I love the Blue Jay & the colour of your Cardinals are so lovely!

21. Eileen says:

I love all these birds, wonderful photos Pat!

beautiful images! :)

23. genie says:

Your Cardinal shot is beautiful…what vivid color. Like the other two, too. Lovely photography.

Like others I really like the light in the first one. It is lovely.
    The cardinal looks like he’s waiting on his reflection to talk to him. :)
    Save that chickadee shot for next year’s Fall greeting card!
    LOVELY shots Pat!

25. bettyl says:

What wonderful color!

It really is looking like fall. I’ve noticed the blue jays eying the dog food on the deck. Won’t be long before they are permanent diners there.

They are so cute! Great shots!

28. lenaericsson says:

Beautiful birdpictures! How do you manage to come that close?

29. Gunilla says:

Wonderful photos of these beautiful birds!

30. Leovi says:

Wonderful photos, I love these birds, especially the red!

31. Stewart M says:

Great set of pictures – I love the scale of the chickadee next to the pumpkin!

Cheers – Stewart M – Melbourne

PS: that a good load of dog food in the next post!

32. ladyfi says:

What lovely shots.

33. love the last image. It is really fun. :)

34. […] USA Freda ~ Day One ~ Canada Ileana ~ Salcioara din parc ~ Romania Erin ~ Dancing Aspens Farm ~USA Pat ~ Bailey Road~October Afternoon~USA […]

35. RW & SK says:

You have make beautiful photos!
    Greetings, RW & SK