Chasing the Blues Away

I’m so thrilled! I have waited for years to see these birds again.
Now, there’s a pair of these beautiful, sleek Cedar Waxwings! They must have a nest nearby, as they keep chasing the Blue Jays away.

IMG_2360

IMG_2355

Wild Bird Wednesday

27 Comments on “Chasing the Blues Away”

congratulations! they’re just beautiful. if i am lucky, i get to see a group in winter passing thru in migration.

2. I love these birds too. Bohemian that is! They arrive in a massive flock eat all the berries and off they go!

3. I see the Bohmenian Waxwing here as they arrive in a flock eat all the berries and are gone in a swoosh!

4. Lucky girl! They are sleek aren’t they? That’s a great word to describe them. They come in the spring here so I am eagerly awaiting next year. :)

5. Eileen says:

Gorgeous shots of the Waxwing, they are beautiful birds.

6. Frank (UK) says:

So cool to catch up with these beauties. Well done Pat.

7. dinajohnston says:

What a beautiful thing to have close by. Great shots of them.

8. Mother Hen says:

What a beauty! My first time seeing this bird..

9. Beautiful photos! I saw a few this spring.

10. donna213 says:

I don’t see them that often either, it is great if they have a nest. Lovely images, Pat.

11. Oh lucky you! Terrific shots.

12. Beautiful! I never see them in my yard but we do have blue jays.

13. Oh my they are pretty. I don’t think I’ve ever seen one up close like that. Your photos of them are beautiful.

14. Jutta K. says:

Bei uns gibt es diese optisch so herrlichen vögel nicht, wunderbare aufnahmen, das warten kat sich gelohnt !

15. Margaret says:

Hi Pat. They are a beautiful bird and I am so glad they are nesting near you so you can see them often now.

16. They are really beautiful birds! Excellent captures of a bird I have only seen on blogs ,or in books.

17. you captured the wonderful subtle colours beautifully

beautiful captures! :)

19. Hootin' Anni says:

They’re beauties, all right…Congratulations on spotting them…and your photos are super.

20. Judi Gray says:

Beautiful birds!

21. They are definitely the classiest of birds! I would love to have some visit my juniper bush again someday!

22. Gunilla says:

How wonderful for you! They’re beautiful birds.

I’ve never seen one of these other than in photos, and I would so love to.
    These are really beautiful, Pat, and I am glad they returned this year.

24. Love them…they remind me of wax beans!..:)JP

25. Marie says:

Beautiful! They have always been one of my favorites!

26. Oh those are my most favorite birds in the whole world. Really they were the first ones to get me interested in birding when a pair landed in our holly tree (when we still had our home and yard in Oregon)…they were feeding each other berries — and I was absolutely mesmerized! We’ve only seen them a very few times in our travels since then. Not even in our yard the next year. Someone told me they take different migration routes every year. So in case that’s true, b e sure to enjoy them while you can!! Thanks for the beautiful pictures and the memories!!